The Blue Heron Rustic Cabin is perfect for campers who want the outdoor adventure experience without pitching a tent. Amenities include refrigerator, microwave, grill, picnic table, and fire ring.
If you’re looking for a penthouse suite with 24/7 room service, well, you won’t find it here. But then again, we’re a company for outdoor adventurers — that kind of pampering just isn’t our style. We don’t want our chocolate laid out on our pillows; we want it sandwiched between two graham crackers with a roasted marshmallow! We offer cozy cabins built by Amish craftsmen as well as a variety of campsite options. Electric hook ups are available at the Family Fun Center. The Riverside and Canoe Livery Campgrounds are ideal for those who prefer to camp in a pristine natural setting. Browse our lodging options below and book your rental online today!
Reservations require 100% prepayment. Reservations require a two-night minimum on weekends and three nights on holiday weekends.
Although reservations make the check-in process easier for camping, walk-ins are still accepted if campsites are available. We understand that sometimes unexpected circumstances come up and cancellations become necessary. It is our policy to grant refunds minus a $10 processing fee if notified 7 days prior to arrival date. If cancelled within 7 days of arrival date, you will be offered the opportunity to reschedule. The chance to reschedule expires after one year.
Campground sites are first come, first served unless the feature “site guarantee” is selected on the online reservation. The site guarantee allows the guest to select a site, and if available, Hocking Hills Adventures will reserve the site. If a customers makes a reservation less than three days prior to their arrival date, the site guarantee is not available and they will abide by the first come, first served policy.
Making a reservation guarantees a spot at your chosen campground. You will be able to pick your site upon arrival.
Cancellations made after your reservation will receive a full refund less $10 if made 14 days prior to reservation. Dates can be rebooked at no additional charge. Cancellations made within the 14 days of your reservation will receive a gift certificate good for future use.
We want your visit to be a positive experience. We ask that all guests read and understand our policies before booking a cabin.
- All of our cabins are rustic and do not have inside plumbing.
- There is a public restroom and shower house within walking distance to the cabins.
- Check-in time: 3 p.m. | Check-out time: 11 a.m.
- High occupancy levels may delay check-in times. During peak periods, late check outs will not be honored. It is possible to check with staff to confirm an early check-in time.
- Length of stay: Cabins have a two-night minimum on weekends (Friday, Saturday & Sunday).
- Parking is available next to your rented cabin.
- Amenities: Each cabin has a refrigerator, microwave, grill, loft, picnic table, and a fire ring.
- Pets: We love pets. Pets are permitted in the cabins for a one-time fee of $25. They must be on a leash at all times, have current shot records, and be wearing their rabies tags.
- WE RECYCLE – all cans, glass and plastics #1 & #2 are to be placed in recycling containers.
- All trash, both inside and outside, must be bagged and placed in dumpster.
- Return keys to the office. Guests are responsible for any damages or theft, which must be reported to the office prior to checking out.
- We are not responsible for loss of any personal items, accidents or other occurrences that may happen during your stay.
We want your visit to be a positive experience. We ask that all guests read our policies below before booking a campsite. All of our campsites are wooded and scenic. There is a public restroom and shower house within walking distance to the campground (1/4 mile from Riverside Campground and on site for Canoe Livery and Fun Center Camping).
- Registration: All campers, visitors, guests, and pets must be registered at the office upon arrival. All fees must be paid in advance. Registered campers are responsible for ensuring their visitors have properly registered in the office and that all campground rules are followed.
- Firewood: We will have firewood available that you can purchase on the property. It is available for you to get at your convenience at $5 a bundle. Ohio’s Department of Natural Resources and Department of agriculture are trying to stop the spread of the EMERALD ASH BORER, which is an insect that kills ash trees. Because this pest is extensively found in Michigan and in parts of Indiana, Illinois, and Ohio, the movement of firewood around the state of Ohio has been banned. Guests are warned not to risk steep fines if caught bringing firewood into the area.
- $2 Mini-Golf: $2 game of mini-golf for all of our registered campers
- Speed Limit: Speed limit is 5 miles an hour inside the campground.
- Campsite check-in is at 12:00 p.m. Check-out is at 11:00 a.m. Early arrival and late check-out fee is $5.00 per hour if site is available. If checking in after 8:00 p.m., contact office to make arrangements.
- Security: On weekends between Memorial Day and Labor Day, the Riverside Campground gate will be locked at 11:00 p.m. and unlocked the following day at 7:00 a.m.
- Parking: There is a maximum of two cars per site. Additional vehicles must be left at the Family Fun Center parking lot or at Canoe Livery parking lot.
- Quiet Hours: Quiet hours are from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. The quality of rest and relaxation is important to all campers, so please refrain from loud noises and disturbances during this period. All radios and TVs must be at minimum volume settings, and be aware that normal speaking voices carry. Please ensure your children remain at your site until 8:00 a.m. Our quiet hours are strictly enforced.
- Site Capacity: Each site accommodates at least six people and three tents.
- Picnic Tables and Fire Rings: Picnic tables and fire rings were purposely set at each campsite. Moving them is strictly prohibited. Fire rings must not be used to dispose of cans, bottles, or other household trash.
- Garbage: Please bag your garbage and leave it by the road. We will come by at the end of the day to pick up all trash. Fire rings must not be used to dispose of cans, bottles, and household trash. Broken furniture, grills, rugs etc. are not considered household trash and should be taken with you.
- Shower Houses: To avoid accidents and injuries, an adult should accompany children under the age of 6 years old to the bathhouse. Each shower house will close at 10:00 p.m. and reopen at 8:00 a.m. the following day.
- Beach Area: There is no lifeguard on duty. All swimming is at your own risk. No children under 12 years old are allowed in the beach area without adult supervision. There is no smoking or pets allowed in the beach area. The beach area is available to all campers. Please keep that in mind when using it.
- Alcohol: This is a family facility, and the use of alcohol is limited to your own site and should not be brought into the beach area.
- Pets: Our campground is pet-friendly, but owners will be responsible for their pets at all times. Pets cannot be left unattended at any time and must be on a leash at all times. All pet litter must be cleaned up immediately, and those not in compliance will be asked to leave the facility. Noisy pets will not be allowed to stay, and only one warning will be issued prior to request to remove pet from park. Pets are not allowed in the beach area.
The perfect camper cabin for two people! This cabin is the same size as Blue Heron and King Fisher, with only one full bed, which allows more room for couples.
The King Fisher Rustic Cabin provides you with all the basic amenities you need so you can spend most of your time enjoying the Hocking Hills!
This authentic Amish cabin was built on site at our campground. Sleeps five with a full size bed and two twin beds.
This authentic Amish cabin was built on site at our campground. Red Tail cabin sleeps five with a full size bed and two twin beds. Additional sleeping room is available in the loft.
This awesome cabin sleeps five with a full size bed and three twin beds. Features a full size loft and porch.
The Great Blue Heron, our biggest cabin, is the perfect option for those looking for a little more room in their stay. Features a futon, queen bed, full size bed, and more.
Rivers Edge is the way to get outdoors without leaving the comforts of home behind! Our only cabin that features bathroom and kitchen. There’s also a hot tub on the back deck!
Rent a campsite in Hocking Hills! Ideal for those who prefer to camp in a pristine natural setting. We offer primitive camping at our Riverside Campground and Electric only sites up top at our Fun Center Campground. We do not recommend camping with an RV at either location that is over 30 feet in length.