What better way to start off your kayak or canoe river trip than viewing the awesome Natural Rockbridge? Our river access is directly across from the magnificent Natural Rockbridge. After launching your boat you just…
Hocking Hills Tubing Trip
Float all day in the river • No paddling needed!
- Tube Rental Ages 12+ • Fits 1 Person
River Tubing in Hocking Hills, Ohio
Looking for something fun to do while in the Hocking Hills? Well, grab a tube and head out on the river! Tubing is arguably one of summer’s most refreshing activities. We make tubing convenient and easy. Be prepared to relax the entire day as you float leisurely downstream.
Depending on water conditions, the trip will either start at Crockett’s Run and conclude at the Canoe Livery (typically spring and earlier summer) or start at Riverside Campground and conclude at Crockett’s Run (typically late summer).
The trip is approximately 5 miles and time varies greatly depending on water level. If water conditions are high, it could take 2-3 hours. If water conditions are lower, it could take up to 5 hours. The best advice is to check our river conditions page to see what the water conditions will be during the day of your trip.
Tubing can be a strenuous activity. When choosing a tubing excursion, it is important to keep these things in mind:
- Weight limit is 200 pounds for a tube. Anymore weight could cause the tube to burst on the river’s rocky terrain.
- It is highly recommended that you are in reasonable physical condition. You do not take a paddle on a tube and may be required to swim for an extended period of time.
- You must have a closed-in shoe. Flip flops are not allowed.
- The activity is not available for children under 12.
- Last departure time is 12:30 p.m. The gives you ample time to enjoy the river.
- “Wild rivers are earth’s renegades, defying gravity, dancing to their own tunes, resisting the authority of humans, always chipping away, and eventually always winning”. – Richard Bangs, River God
- Tubing season is Memorial Day to Labor Day depending on the water temperatures and weather. Call ahead for availability. Reservations are required. We are currently only taking reservations for groups of ten or more for tubes due to the social distancing necessary on our transports.